The 2018 International Conference on Solutions to Global Democracy Crisis is accepting registrations!
In collaboration with the Canadian Trade Office in Taipei （加拿大臺北貿易辦事處） and in partnership with the Taiwan Foundation for Democracy（臺灣民主基金會） , the Department of East Asian Studies, National Taiwan Normal University （國立臺灣師範大學東亞學系） will hold a youth-focused international conference, entitled Solutions to Global Democracy Crisis （全球民主的危機與出路國際研討會）, on July 7th, 2018. The conference aims to elevate Taiwan youths’ awareness of the global challenges to democracy, stimulate youth discussion on the issue of democratization, and explore possible solutions to the global democracy crisis by gleaning the experience of democratization in Taiwan.
Date: July 7th, 2018
Venue: National Taiwan Normal University, Taipei, Taiwan
Language: The conference will be conducted in English
Fee: The conference will cover all expenses including meals and educational materials. Attendees will only need to cover their transportation to the venue.
- Language proficiency: Applicants must be able to comprehend and discuss complex issues in English
- Age: All undergraduate students and postgraduate students (currently enrolled or within one year of graduation) are eligible and encouraged to apply
- Background: We welcome students from all majors and backgrounds to apply, especially those who have great enthusiasm for issues related to democratization, global democracy crisis, and human rights
- Field of Studies: Students majoring in fields relevant to international relations or political science are strongly recommended to apply
- Application Materials: Complete the personal form and two short essay questions attached and submit your application before June 17th
- Early Application Round: 11:59PM EST, May 31, 2018
- Regular Application Round: 11:59PM EST, June 9, 2018
- Late Application Round: 11:59PM EST, June 17, 2018
Sufficient background knowledge or interest in fields related to human rights, political science or international relations
Proven ability to express opinions, information and key points of an argument clearly and concisely
- The conference will take in a maximum of 40 eligible applicants
- Applications will be reviewed by the conference organizers on a rolling basis (early application is strongly suggested)
- The results of the application will be announced by the end of June. 3-5 top applicants will be shortlisted from the application pool to be the Taiwan Youth Ambassador to present on issues related to Global Democracy Crisis in the Youth Forum Session of the Conference.
- The possible application decisions include:
- ACCEPTED, which guarantee the applicant a spot in our conference, provided that you accept the offer on time.
- WAITLISTED, which indicates that you may be accepted at a later date depending on how many accepted applicants choose to accept the offer
- REJECTED, in which case we encourage you to apply to our future conference.Add a subtitle here.